Please Note: BPS will only grant an extension one-time during the life of the certification.
- Log-in to your MyBPS profile.
- Select "Recertify" link in the Action column and submit the recertification application. BPS must first approve the recertification application before you can request an extension.
- Once the recertification application is approved (within 20 business days), an email will be sent to you, the “Request Extension” link will be available in your MyBPS profile to submit the extension request.
- Complete the extension request form by uploading a written request (in PDF or JPG format).
- Provide specific reasons for not being able to sit for the examination or earning the total required amount of credit hours by the December 31st deadline.
- Outline a plan to meet all recertification requirements (either by earning the total required hours of CE or passing the Spring and/or Fall recertification examination) by December 31, of your extension year, if approved.
- The Extension Request must be received before December 31, of you recertification year
Click here for the Infographic Link